Re: Can I Use 8i Knowledge in 9i ?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:40:47 GMT

Fundamentally yes - learn the basics using 8i and then review the docco for 9i - especially the "what's new/changed" stuff. Teh SQL, PL/SQL stays relatively consistent and is usually downward compatible. The admin changes a fair bit - from how to get in through to the (new and deprecated) initialization parameters. But the thought processes are still very, very close even for admin.

/Hans