Re: NT/2000 schedulable Process

From: Fraser McCallum <fmcc_at_NOSPAModbaguru.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 23:44:17 -0000

You will need to use Oracle's ocopy util if you are going to do hot backups, this and various other backup options are covered in this otn article, it's for 8.0.4 but it's still all OK info:
http://technet.oracle.com/doc/windows/server.804/a55924/ch13.htm. Also you may need to subscribe to otn to get it but that's free and worthwhile. Ocopy exists because NT's copy and xcopy won't copy open files and Oracle files during a hot backup are open. It's also useful if you decide to put any files on RAW partitions as it can handle this.

Kind Regards

Fraser McCallum
MVP Oracle Administration
www.brainbench.com