Re: Help in backup of data

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 15:33:39 +0000

There are many ways to back up an Oracle database. You can shut down the instance and perform a physical copy of the tablespaces and control files. You can use RMAN. You can use EXP (export). You can spool off the DDL and data. You can use the OCOPY executable in the oracle\bin directory.

Which one depends on how large, how often, why, how you plan to recover, and the recovery window. Sounds like it is time for you to go to http://technet.oracle.com and do some research ... or get an Oracle backup and recovery book.

Daniel Morgan