Re: upgrading oracle through copying files

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:19:49 GMT

> Ànd nothing is out of synch or whatever, like someone suggested. Believe
me.

It looks like you don't have any idea what the OraInventory is ... Yes your database will run fine after your upgrade - but wait until the next time you need to run
Oracle Installer to install extra software or another patch ... the installer will not be able to get the correct dependencies ... I don't see how Oracle can support this ?

"Syltrem" <syltrem_at_videotron.spammenot.ca> wrote in message news:Dyzd8.505$a04.2872_at_tor-nn1.netcom.ca...
> Then they wont support me in the event of a disaster recovery situation.
>
> I`m not gonna reinstall and reconfigure every single piece of software
I`ve