Re: Having 3-4 small databases on same server ?

From: Mark <mark_at_foxhillgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 07:47:39 GMT

Christian,

This isn't a problem at all. We have this setup on all our servers. In our case we grouped the databases by application type (OLTP, Reporting, etc.) and put all database of a particular type on the same server. Our OLTP server currently has 15 instances with 4 ORACLE_HOMES (7.3.4, 8.0.5, 8.1.6, and 8.1.7). This is a 12 CPU box with 8 GB of RAM running Solaris 7.

Hope this helps.

Mark...