error using servlet / jsp

From: perseus <perseus_medusa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:01:22 +0800

hi all, I am right now using oracle to write jsp /servlet with tomcat 4.0.2 . But I always get the following error:

java.io.WriteAbortedException: Writing aborted by exception; java.io.NotSerializableException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection

I have class called

public OraConnBean implements Serializable {

    String URL, username, passwd, driver;     public void connect( ) { ... }
}

public class ReportBean implements Serializable { ....
  public void SaveReport( ) {
    Connection _conn = (Connection) beans.instantiate (.... , OraConnBeanPath );

    // do the rest of sql;
  }
}

I serialize the OraConn to a bean and then the SaveReport action will instantiate it. So why I get the above error ? And can I put the OraConn bean in the session such that I can connect using the instantiated bean next time to prevent connecting again ?
thanks .

perseus Received on Fri Feb 22 2002 - 13:01:22 CST