upgrading oracle through copying files

From: Sharkie <sharkdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2002 09:45:46 -0800

I have two Oracle 8i servers running on two Sun Sparc Solaris boxes. One is 8.1.6 the other one 8.1.7
8.1.6 is currently not in use by anyone, and I'd like to upgrade it to 8.1.7. Can I do this upgrade by copying certain files over from the 8.1.7 box? It seems doable, but since I've never done it this way, and this box will be used in production environment, I want to be sure, there are no hidden problems with this solution.

The two boxes are networked together, so communication is no problem. Received on Fri Feb 22 2002 - 11:45:46 CST