Re: Database file configuration for backup/recovery

From: Brian Dick <bdick_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:10:09 GMT

"Edzard" <edzard_at_volcanomail.com> wrote in message news:5d75e934.0202211041.4d304426_at_posting.google.com...
> Why not multiplex the online backup of the redundancy set as well? Or
> are you sure that you keep all the logs since you last burned the
> backup on CD?

I like the idea of multiplexing the online backup. I plan on running a CD burning service(daemon) on a second machine (my workstation). But, I may take it offline to use the CDRW for other purposes. The multiplexed online backup would reduce my recovery time in case of media failure.

Put the second copy on disk2? How about the placement of my other files?

--
Later,
BEDick