Re: Installing Enterprise Manager - to control Sun Server & Win NT

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 11:01:44 -0800

Check out technet.oracle.com and look for the OEM(Oracle Enterprise Manager) and OMS(Oracle Management Server) documentation. This should give you all that you need. Basically, you need to install OEM and OMS on your Sun server and need to run Management Server to be able to manage your databases from OEM Console. You also need to run dbsnmp on the servers that you will be managing the databases. Note that there is a default password for the default user, sysman(I don't recall what the password is, but, it's advised to change it once you've logged into the console). Also note that the password for the administrators and sysman for OEM Console are not database logins, they're logins to Management Server(OEM Console). This should help to a degree, make sure you follow the docs on technet.

HTH
Pete's