Re: Need advice on learning Oracle

From: Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 17:51:40 +0000 (GMT)

frank <frankw_at_qd.lucent.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>I am an dba of SQL Server in my company now, and I want to grasp Oracle, I
>have years of programming experience, I have read the Oracle Administrator's
>Guide of the Online Documentation, I want to know what should I read next,
>since there are too many in the Online Documentation, please be kindly give
>me a hint on this.

The Concepts guide is the next one to read from the documentation set.

Then probably the Performance guide, read it early to get the setup correct from the start rather than leaving performance to be firefighting after you've set up a database. It also is good general advice, IMO at least half of performance work is just doing the Right Thing anyway.

--
Andrew Mobbs - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/