Re: How to speed up this query

From: Evan Cao <eecao_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 09:34:03 -0800

Andy, Did you read my post? What I am trying to tell you is that your solution to this "Classical" issue is NOT adequate, since you have so many records in the table. How about doing the following experiments: select min(LRN) from TBL19; and
select max(LRR) from TBL19;
and plug in the min and max-12 to your original query. Did you see the difference in terms of response time. One must be very fast. One must be very slow.
If this is the case. read my original post for one of the solutions. Good luck. Received on Thu Feb 21 2002 - 11:34:03 CST