Re: Need advice on learning Oracle

From: NorwoodThree <norwoodthree_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 08:12:46 -0800

Nothing beats real world experience...I'd suggest getting a Linux box, and installing Oracle on it and familiarize yourself with it...

As for books, the certification guides would be my recommendation. Pretty much what you need to know from a junior DBA perspective is all right there. Once you get thru that, you can move to specialty books such as tuning, etc if you are interested. If you're not familiar with UNIX, I'd pick up some knowledge there as well. Hope this helps.

My .02 Received on Thu Feb 21 2002 - 10:12:46 CST