Re: partioning option not worth it?

From: Bricklen Anderson <bricklen13_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 08:05:29 -0800

I should probably clarify why I asked the question... My employer is, shall I say... cheap, and the chances of getting EE as well as the partitioning option are prettttty slim. I have used the EE + P.O. in my test database (as a trial), and the benefits were numerous. Most of the uses of PO are not necessarily crucial to our environment however, so I'm always looking for ways to improve performance. A thought of mine was to create tables based on the id of each client (about a 100 clients), for quicker response time when generating reports etc. We currently have about 60 million rows in our main table, which isn't huge, but within the next few months that is expected to increase to about 500M rows.

just wonderin' if any of this sounds viable.

Cheers,

Brick

;-)