Re: forms6i and oracle8i

From: raghu <raghu.kuralla_at_netdecisions.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:10:35 -0000

  1. It doesnt matter which one you will install, because u have to install in two different homes
  2. After installation in programs-->oracle--> home selector select one of the home as the primary home selector(where u want use the services names in that home of tnsnames.ora file).
  3. I reckon when u installing forms6i it will prompt for u to specify the location regarding tnsnames.ora or u want to use default, at this moment if have 8i PE already installed then give the location of this path for tnsnames.ora other wise it will uses the forms home -->tnsnames.ora in NET80 folder.