Re: Oracle versus Microsoft Sqlserver 2000

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:15:33 GMT

damorgan doodled thusly:

>Generally speaking in about two years, more if they are a bit thick, they have
>shot themselves in the foot enough times that they feel the pain.

Over here most IT bosses who fell for that are either too stupid to figure they have a hole in their foot or too politically compromised to have the courage to admit they shot themselves. They'll learn, though. Or they'll be weeded out, which is also good.

Result for the time being: a *big* problem in finding local qualified and experienced people! Either all out of the country or doing other things. PRECISELY the condition that the "brilliant idea" was supposed to avoid. Doesn't affect me, but I find it tremendously funny. Stuff them: they got what they asked for.

>Indian developers are great coders. But they can't exactly walk down the hall to
>ask a question. And the results reflect that.

Let's not even talk remote "architects" and "designers". Enough trouble with the local ones... ¦)

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Thu Feb 21 2002 - 07:15:33 CST