Re: instances on NT

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:11:48 +0300

net start | grep OracleService

will list all running Oracle instances in form of OracleServiceXXX where XXX is SID. grep is to be obtained elsewhere (GNU). To find names for ALL (including idle) instances you will have to write your own service lister. You may also want to browse LISTENER.ORA file - it should have all instances listed (at least those for which tns listener provides transport).