Re: partiioning option not worth it?

From: Stefan <sroesch3_at_attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:17:54 GMT

Hi Keith,

I think you missed the point. In DW environments it is mandatory. How will you implement the sliding window technique without support from the database. How will you implement automatic partition pruning? How will you implement parallel DML? and so on....

To conclude that. In DW environments it makes sense to spend that money and you also get further features with the enterprise edition which are needed in these environments.

Stefan