Re: Full-text indexing

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 12:39:03 +0300

Slight addition: you can (and probably should) set up an Oracle job using DBMS_JOB that will run ctx_ddl.sync_index() regularly. 8i also has ctxsrv application that does reindexing in background, but it's deprecated and is no longer available in 9i.
Also note that you should maintain correct file names in the indexed table by yourself - Oracle Text (aka interMedia Text) is not capable of indexing a file system directory with automatic file change/add/remove tracking. You should also call ctx_ddl.optimize_index() regularly to purge old data and resort actual index data in the index.