Re: Two Versions of Oracle Client on one PC?

From: Roman Mirzaitov <rmirzaitov_at_kt.kg>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 09:11:57 +0500

> For what it is worth, why have multiple client installations?
>
> The machine I am writing this on only has a 9i client. I use it daily
> to talk to 23 servers with everything from O7.2 to 9i.
>
> I do have a machine with two configs, a 9i client and an O7.1 client,
> because I have 4 servers running SQL*NET 1 and only talk SQL*NET 1.
> (Don't ask.) It uses two Oracle homes.

Hi Joe,
your question "why have multiple..." is not for me. The question was "if it is possible to have ..." and I gave the answer, no more no less. Different people has different requirements. Now, when Det knows that it is possible to have several oracle homes, and also it's possible to have one client for different DB versions he can make his own choice, up to his situation.

Regards,

--
Roman Mirzaitov
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration