trying to install oracle 8i

From: PkingTom <pkingtom_at_aol.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 02:53:42 GMT

Hello, hoping someone can help me.

I'm trying to install oracle 8i for a school project but i'm having problems. I'm installing it on an HP, Windows 98. I downloaded the oracle 8i personal edition. After running the installation with the OUI it gets to 100% and then hangs. Therefore I'm unsure if it fully installs correctly. When I reboot, all the components of oracle 8i are in my program folder. I try to run SQL Plus and it comes up with the Username/Password/HostName box with the application in the background. My professor gave us all a username and password to use but it doesn't work. How do I configure my own passwords? I've been looking through some of these other messages and I see mentioning of having to configure all types of things to get this to work. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do? Thanks to anyone that can help.

Tom Received on Wed Feb 20 2002 - 20:53:42 CST