Re: Another angle on this....

From: Brian Dick <bdick_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:57:06 GMT

"damorgan" <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us> wrote in message news:3C7435AD.A754FB7C_at_ci.seattle.wa.us...
> SELECT 'x'
> FROM mytable
> WHERE null = null;

That doesn't return anything in SS or Sybase, today. I've lost too many brain cells to remember if past versions did so. They also correctly join tables on columns with nulls and omit those rows.

But what is true is that SS and Sybase allow you to write non-standard SQL that I detest

SELECT 'x'
FROM mytable
WHERE col1 = null;

And they will return rows where col1 IS NULL.

All RDBMS's have warts and blemishes. It's what keeps us pros in business <g>.

--
Later,
BEDick