Re: Another angle on this....

From: Heinz Kiosk <no.spam_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:01:54 -0000

Curious, I'm not the only one in this group with doubts about CASE in PL/SQL in 8i though.

I did suggest incompetence on my part as a possible explanation, but I think it unlikely in this CASE. I'm certain I tried it, and I'm certain it didn't work because I got so cross that I went and looked in the docs for it (and I've got to be REALLY mad to do that) and didn't find it. Unfortunately I've long since excised 8i from my PC and I'm not going to resurrect it just to investigate an issue that you've correctly pointed out doesn't exist in 9i and which I've devised a workround for anyway. If I can dig out the CD we can compare 8i versions....bated breath.

Regards

"damorgan" <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us> wrote in message news:3C743505.755B5CCA_at_ci.seattle.wa.us...
> This makes no sense. You can create views in 8i (8.1.7.0.0) with CASE.
>
> I know because I demonstrated it to my class at the university last night.
Now there's serendipity for you.