Re: Two Versions of Oracle Client on one PC?

From: Joe Maloney <mpir_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: 20 Feb 2002 11:44:12 -0800

"Roman Mirzaitov" <rmirzaitov_at_kt.kg> wrote in message news:<a4ve7i$3gkif$1_at_ID-127142.news.dfncis.de>...
> > Does anyone have experience if it is possible to have Ora8 Client and
> > Ora9 Client on one PC to work with an Oracle8 database and another
> > Oracle9 database. Or have I to decide which version I want to use? Or
> > can Ora9 Client work together with Ora8 database or vice versa?
>
> Hi Det,
>
> use different ORACLE_HOMEs.
>
> Regards,

For what it is worth, why have multiple client installations?

The machine I am writing this on only has a 9i client. I use it daily to talk to 23 servers with everything from O7.2 to 9i.

I do have a machine with two configs, a 9i client and an O7.1 client, because I have 4 servers running SQL*NET 1 and only talk SQL*NET 1. (Don't ask.) It uses two Oracle homes. Received on Wed Feb 20 2002 - 13:44:12 CST