Re: Oracle versus Microsoft Sqlserver 2000

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 10:03:11 GMT

damorgan doodled thusly:

>having to say you're broke. Anyone know of a web site with similar numbers for
>North America, South America, Australia, New Zealand, or Japan?

Dunno about web sites of stats for Australia, but I can tell you straight away the market for Oracle skills in Australia is worth exactly jack!

Since Oracle professional services and other "services" organizations here introduced the idea that it's much cheaper to outsource their skills to Outer Mongolia (or something of the ilk) instead of relying on local knowledge, prices have tumbled. Who wants to compete with someone living under a banana-tree?

No surprise people have been moving into SQL Server and DB2 in droves. At least their marketing is not deranged enough to shoot themselves in the foot...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Wed Feb 20 2002 - 04:03:11 CST