Re: SQL*Plus site profile/user profile on Solaris

From: Roman Mirzaitov <rmirzaitov_at_kt.kg>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 11:17:26 +0500

> Your search path on Solaris, or in any UNIX environment, is defined in
> your .profile.
>
> Daniel Morgan

Hi Daniel,

right now I've performed a little experiment on Solaris box. And as result I got that sqlplus looks for login.sql only in current directory.
Putting this file in any dir from my $PATH has no effect. As it stated in SQL*Plus user's guide:

"SQL*Plus searches for a file named LOGIN with the extension SQL in your current directory.
If SQL*Plus does not find the file there, SQL*Plus will search a system-dependent path to find the file.
___Some operating systems may not support___ this path search."

May be Solaris is one of those OSes?

Regards,

--
Roman Mirzaitov
Brainbench MVP for Oracle Administration