Re: NoLogging for perfstat tablespace

From: Y <a_at_b.c>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:15:40 GMT

damorgan wrote:

> Likely a complete waste of time. 95% of the time when people starting
> worrying about the overhead of logging ... they either have no real
> performance problem ... or they have not run EXPLAIN PLAN, TKPROF, and
> DBMS_PROFILER against their application.
>
> In most cases, there is more to be gained from one good index than there is
> from nologging.

Good point!
I just want to say, for OLTP applications. We got no more benefit from turn off logging in most cases. Just like Daniel said, you'd better check the access plan, collect current statistics, ...
But for those applications which involve heaven update sql requests, I hope I can turn off logging.
Regards,