Problem executing a SQL Server 2000 Stored Procedure from SQL*PLUS

From: Paul Fell <novaweb_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: 19 Feb 2002 16:56:58 -0800

I have a stored procedure in SQL Server 2000 that takes three variables (all INPUT) varchar(200)). The SP updates another table. No Resultsets are returned.

The same SP exists in Oracle (7.3)

In SQL*PLUS connected to Oracle the following works fine :

exec my_proc('test','test','test');

But when I connect SQL*PLUS to SQL Server 2000 (Intersolv ODBC driver), it does not work. (the connection is fine because I can do a select on tables). I get an error message saying there is incorrect syntax near my_proc...

What am I doing wrong?

Paul Received on Tue Feb 19 2002 - 18:56:58 CST