[ORACLE v8.0] SELECT foo FROM foo LIMIT (10,20) ORDER BY foo;

From: Jean Bourtin <Jean.Bourtin_at_nospam.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:02:53 +0100

Hi,
as shown in the title, I am unable to make a function setting two limits in a result set.
Imagine a table that contains only numbers from 0 to 100 (naturally sorted).

If I set any these statements :

 2)select rownum, my_column

     from my_table
     where rownum < 20
     group by rownum,my_column
     having rownum > 10
     order by my_column desc;

3)select rownum,my_column from my_table
  where rownum < 20
    MINUS

            select rownum,my_column from my_table
                where rownum < 10 order by my_column desc;

4)select * from ( select my_table.*, rownum rnum from my_table order by my_column)

   where rnum between 10 and 20 desc;

IS THERE A PL/SQL FUNCTION ABLE TO HELP ME ? regards,
JB. Received on Tue Feb 19 2002 - 04:02:53 CST