Re: how to make a new Apache module into IAS

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:50:15 +0300

Not quite clear what you want to achieve this way. Anyway, there is no need for a new module, mod_plsql is sufficient if I understood your task right:

  1. user is authenticated (whatever means you use, be it .ht* files or else)
  2. PL/SQL procedure is called through mod_plsql and is given the URL as varchar2 parameter. You can use mod_rewrite to rewrite the URL into a PL/SQL call (after the authentication is passed). If the procedure finds the URL, it just redirects to it, otherwise it prints an error page or whatever.

You are correct about replacing Oracle HTTP Server powered by Apache with Apache itself - they are incompatible. Oracle-provided modules will not work with generic Apache (and probably vice-versa). Oracle does not provide the source code for their custom version so there is generally no way to create a module for Oracle HTTP Server.