Re: Udump files?

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 11:42:36 +0300

  1. check if you have environment variable EPC_DISABLED=TRUE in your environment - remove it if you do (please note that it's in OS environment of the user who starts oracle, not the init.ora file). EPC error is 6 for this issue though, so it may be not related to your problem.
  2. There is a note on MetaLink that I cannot access (1073190.6) but its description reads:

Describes problems with generation of tracefiles as well but the error code in question is different: 191 and the cause is the corruption of the ?/otrace/admin/*dat files

This should give you a clue on problem's origin (corrupt files in otrace/admin), but I have no idea how to fix them - I can't access the note itself. If you have Oracle support contract, you may want to open a TAR for your issue. I would also recommend upgrading to the latest patchset (8.1.7.3) - this might get rid of the problem either.