connecting to database from Form (5.0)

From: Paul Fell <novaweb_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: 18 Feb 2002 19:14:04 -0800

Two questions.

I'm just getting into Forms 5.0. I've created a button that, when pressed, should execute a stored procedure (no parameters) in the database. I have defined a connection using SQL Net Easy Configuration and this works (I can run sql against the database and return recordsets).

Can someone tell me is there a command I can place in the WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE trigger which will establish the connection?

Second question. Will exec my_procedure work when placed in the BUTTON-PRESS trigger for the button (once the connection is established) or is there some other way of doing this?

tia

Paul Received on Mon Feb 18 2002 - 21:14:04 CST