Re: Is using OPTIMAL in RBS ORA-1555 prone?

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:18:23 -0000

I think the short answer is Yes.

Most good DBAs would not recommend use of OPTIMAL; rather create an appropriate number of rollback segments of appropriate size to support your application, so that any long running transaction has a better chance of finding the 'before image' it needs.

In the real world though, I doubt if you can ever make it 100%; even with 9i flashback queries.

Just my 2p; additions and corrections welcomed...

Paul