Anymore possibilities - disaster recovery

From: godmann <allanwtham_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2002 23:34:38 -0800

Hi there,

   I am helping to compile a *all-possible* crash scenarios. Do you think there is anything more than the following? Once compiled, I think it will help a lot people out there to recover their database with more confidence!

  The faq is located at Jonathan's site by the way!

How do I recover from ...

  loss of a datafile that belongs to the SYSTEM tablespace   loss of a datafile that belongs to Rollback Segment tablespace   loss of a datafile that belongs to an Index-only tablespace   loss of a datafile that belongs to a TEMP tablespace   loss of a datafile that belongs to READ-ONLY tablespace   loss of a datafile that belongs to a typical data tablespace   How do I recover in a situation where there is no datafile backup   loss of one member of online redo log group   loss of an inactive redo log group
  loss of an active redo log group
  loss of an unarchived online log file   loss of a multiplexed control file member   complete loss of a control file

Allan W. Tham
DBA Received on Mon Feb 18 2002 - 01:34:38 CST