Re: UTL_FILE - Print Novell Network

From: steve <E_at_E.COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 06:23:33 +0800

oreilly java examples in a nutshell & oreilly learning java. should give u what you need , there are a couple of examples on printer stuff.

if the java is on the client then you will run into problems with having to have the java VM and forms loaded at the same time, unless u go for a pure java aproach ( not that difficult- plus you did not say how you implemented the client side).
if it's on the server, first you must find out if the classes you need are supported.
basically what this means is that upto atleast oracle 815 , oracle will not support some java functions such as:-  AWT ,SWING
as these are graphical classes ( & how can u do graphics on a server, 50 users using the same screen!!), personally i think it is stupid, as this makes the java non-standard.

Anyway without knowing more about your situation i cannot give any ideas about implementation.