Re: HOW DO I VIEW PLSQL STORED PROCEDURES ON A BROWSER?

From: Mustafa Yousofi <mustafayousofi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Feb 2002 18:15:35 -0800

Bricklen <bricklen_at_shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<3C6E5695.F1B1618_at_shaw.ca>...
> Only thing that I can think of off-hand is to DESC the procedure (or
> find it's contents by selecting from user_source) and spool that into a
> text file, either with an html extension, or to be converted by your
> favourite WYSIWYG editor into html for your viewing pleasure.
>
> Mustafa Yousofi wrote:
> >
> > I am new to Oracle(I know how to use SQL and PL/SQL) and I would like
> > to know how I can view stored PL/SQL procedures on a web browser(IE,
> > Netscape). Someone please help me!

Follow Up:
What I am planning to do is write PL/SQL packages that will contain my HTML(I will use htp.p(); to display the HTML). But Once that package is compiled successfully I would like to view it on the browser. I don't know how to spool the contents into a text file. I have seen many websites use pl/sql packages to run their whole website(http://www.verizonwireless.com/index.html, click on shop). From what I understood I need to set up a webserver which I already have(Oracle HTTP server which is using Apache 1.3.12), to view the package contents I type http://domain_name:port/? That is how far I have got on this. Received on Sat Feb 16 2002 - 20:15:35 CST