Re: BUFFER BUSY WAITS

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh_at_gtfs-gulf.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 11:45:53 +0400

Buffer Busy Waits Can Occur at Two places one is the segment header and another the data Level. If the Buffer Busy Waits ocur at the Segment Header then there is contention for the Freelist. If it occurs at the Row level then the server process is waiting for another server process to rel the buffer. This value is also directly prpoytional to the Free Buffers Scanned.. A Increasing Value should always take you towrads tuning the Buffer Cache.

Make the Buffer Cache Big and also try to cache your tables so that they are not thrown out after a FTS.

HTH On Sat, 16 Feb 2002 06:11:26 GMT, "Paul L." <paul821_at_optonline.net> wrote:

>Can anyone tell me how to get rid of Buffer Busy Waits ? I am getting them
>on my datafiles for indexes, and some tables.
>I tried to increase the initrans parameter as suggested by Rich Niemic in
>his tuning book, but it didn't help.
>
>Does any one have any experience with this ?
>
>Thanks.
>--
>Paul
>

>--
>Paul S. LaBarbera
>University of Phoenix Online Faculty
>paul821_at_email.uophx.edu

[Additions and Corrections Always Welcome.] Best Regards,
Ganesh R Received on Sat Feb 16 2002 - 01:45:53 CST