Re: Create a sample database for test

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 02:23:57 GMT

in article 9b193e36.0202150940.3d394a60_at_posting.google.com, Frank Y. at frank_yk_at_hotmail.com wrote on 2/15/02 9:40 AM:

> Hello there,
>
> Anyone know where I can find a sample database for Oracle 8i with more
> than 4 tables and more than 1000 rows records?
>
> Or is there any code to polulate such size of sample database?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Frank

Oracle9i comes with an extensive set of new sample schemas that are used by Oracle for documentation and training examples (effectively replacing EMP and DEPT). For instance, the excellent Oracle9i By Example series on OTN uses these schemas.

See
http://download-west.oracle.com/otndoc/oracle9i/901_doc/server.901/a90129.pd f for a description of the sample schemas

For Oracle9i, these schemas come with the seed databases you can select during install. So for training purposes etc it's probably simpler to move to Oracle9i and have the installer build these for you automagically.

For Oracle8i, it's a little harder - download Oracle9i, unzip, and find the relevant scripts in the RDBMS directory. You can run these against later versions of Oracle8i. Received on Fri Feb 15 2002 - 20:23:57 CST