Re: How do you restrict user from using sql-plus?

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 21:22:29 -0000

Mike,

This is a FAQ. The only real answer is (as Daniel Morgan quite correctly points out)

(quote)
if they can do something they shouldn't in SQL*Plus it means you have not set up a decent security environment (end quote).

As far as I'm concerned, that's the beginning and end of it. Developers love to reinvent the wheel, building their own access routines and so forth.
That's up to them, but if you're the DBA it's up to you to secure the database.

Paul