Re: Secure oracle password length

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 07:52:59 +1100

create profile secureone limit
failed_login_attempts 3
password_lock_time 1//24;

alter user X profile secureone;

In other words, there is already a mechanism in place to prevent bulk hack attacks. After three failures, the account is locked for (in this case) an hour. That should slow things down sufficiently to mean that your 57 hours now becomes rather more like 5000.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com