ld.so.1 open failed: with Oracle8.1.5

From: Eric <zmwang_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:05:22 -0500

Hi everyone,

I just installed Oracle8.1.5 in Solaris7 X86 and find I cannot start sqlplus or svrmgrl. When I issue the command it displays the error like this:

ld.so.1: sqlplus: fatal: libjava.so: open failed: No such file or directory
killed

I tried other command like svrmgrl, lsnrctl start and etc, they seem all have this problem.
I think there must be something wrong with an environment parameter setting.
I didn't set the parameter LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the .profile (I use Bourne shell) or any Java related parameters.
Anyone who had similar problem before and managed to fix it or know how to solve it, please let me share your knowledge. I appreciate your help in advance.

Eric Received on Fri Feb 15 2002 - 14:05:22 CST