Scrollable cursors in Oracle 9i. Where is it?

From: Felix A. Hernandez <cubano100pct_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 11:06:47 -0500

Scrollable cursors in Oracle 9i. Where is it? I search everywhere for Scrollable cursors and it is only implemented in the Oracle Call Interface (OCI). Where I really need this feature is not there. PL-SQL does not support. Oracle JDBC driver does not support it. DBMS_SQL package does not support it. I could not even find another DBMS package that supports it either.

I am developing a platform independent application using java and PL-SQL only.

If Oracle advertizes Scrollable cursors feature, then they should implement fully at all layers. Received on Fri Feb 15 2002 - 10:06:47 CST