Re: utf_file, init.ora, database not comming up

From: Murali <oraclems_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2002 07:04:31 -0800

avlachos_at_hotmail.com (Arthur) wrote in message news:<62d427ca.0202141703.78cf6bbc_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi all,
> i'm having problems implementing UTF_FILE package.
>
> I can set up the package and the init.ora file, but when
> after i bounce the dbase server, i can not connect to the dbase.
>
> I checked the registry settings to make sure i'm using the correct
> inti.ora file.
>
> I'm running Oracle 8i
>
> Arthur.

You cannot connect probably beacuse the database has not been started. By "setting up package in init.ora", you hopefully mean "setting up parameter". Unless it is a typo, try setting utl_file_dir instead of utf_file_dir. Not UTF, but UTL.

Murali
http://www.dbaquest.com/ Received on Fri Feb 15 2002 - 09:04:31 CST