Re: Oracle 9i installation gs on Windows 2000 Server

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 06:09:02 +1100

Well, others may help you resolve the actual issue. All I can tell you is that I generally only ever do a software-only install, and *then* I use the database configuration assistant to create the database. Never had a trouble doing it that way. 9i is a big beast of a thing, and I'd rather break the process up into two, since I'm never entirely convinced that 1Gb of RAM is big enough to allow it to do two big things at once.

Regards
HJR

Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com