Re: User PUBLIC - How does it get its privs?? Why is it doing this???

From: <elliottel_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 16:43:35 GMT

Here's what happens when I try to revoke select any table: SQL> revoke select any table from public; revoke select any table from public
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01952: system privileges not granted to 'PUBLIC'

Here's the results of the queries on the role tables:   1 select * from dba_role_privs
  2* where grantee = 'PUBLIC'
SQL> / no rows selected

  1 select * from dba_sys_privs
  2* where grantee = 'PUBLIC'
SQL> / no rows selected

select * from dba_tab_privs
where grantee = 'PUBLIC'
*** This shows all the catalog tables as well as select privs to each users views. EXCEPT for one...the ONLY difference was that this user did not have UNLIMITED TABLESPACE granted to it. Does this make a difference?

Somehow...there's something strange going on with PUBLIC!!

Thanks for the ideas so far. I want to make sure I'm checking everything. I'm going to try some mroe testing by creating a clean DB and some clean users with very minimal privs.

Thanks again!

Elizabeth Elliott

PS Sorry if it takes a while to reply....at work I only have access to web based News Readers/Severs. None of my other seems to want to work via Outlook here at work.