Re: oracle 9i tns / listener problems

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:40:06 -0800

Not sure why your posting has lots of empty lines in it, but it does make reading the files a bit difficult. In any case, let's start with the basics. From an OS prompt type in lsnrctl stat - what's the result? May be that you just haven't started the listener, in which case a listener start is the resolution.

--
HTH.  Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete
Author of "Oracle8i: Architecture and Administration Exam Cram"

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA