Re: Oracle Transactions at Max Utilization

From: Gregory A. Castle <gcastle_at_email.usps.gov>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:39:33 -0500

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <32pl6ugmo9r8mde4j8ru0tq2kr7320tquk_at_4ax.com>, postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl says...
> On 13 Feb 2002 12:01:27 -0800, gcastle_at_email.usps.gov (gcastle) wrote:
>
> >Looking through resource utilizations I noticed that transactions
> >current utilization is one below the limit for transactions and that
> >the max utilization was the same as the limit. Checking this in the
> >evening with no users accessing the database the number of
> >transactions had only dropped to 3 below the limit. I am wondering
> >what would cause this high level of transactions and why would they
> >not drop down close to 0 when the database is not being accessed.
> >
> >Background: Running Oracle 8.1.4 on Windows NT 4 and Oracle 8.1.7 on
> >Windows 2000 running multimaster replication between the 2 servers.
> >
> >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> >Greg
>

> Where did you get that 8.1.4? That version was never officially
> released. If you got that legally, 8.1.5 has been desupped more than a
> year ago, and 3 releases difference looks like a recipe for problems,
> as 8.1.4 can not have been stable.
>
> Regards
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

The actually database version was indeed 8.1.5 not 8.1.4. I apologize for the inaccuracy.

Greg Received on Thu Feb 14 2002 - 08:39:33 CST