Re: Limit database useage for a user

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 06:18:59 -0800

"Steven Pannell" <steven.pannell_at_gmx.net> wrote in message news:<a4g4n0$5ld$1_at_ID-82797.news.dfncis.de>...
> Hi,
>
> I would like to limit an oracle database user to use say 10% of the overall
> processing power of the oracle database. I would like this funcationally to
> stop large and long statements killing the database i.e. no one else can
> work while the statement is running. Is this at all possible?. To limit
> the processing usage for a specific users?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Regards,
> Steve.

No version, as usual. Does anyone here ever call OTS? Surely you have to specify which version you are using then. So, in 8.0 and before, this is handled by CREATEing a PROFILE. In 8i the RESOURCE_CONSUMER_GROUP has been added. Further information in the docs.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Feb 14 2002 - 08:18:59 CST