9i RAC on high volume OLTP apps

From: M. Todd Roland <rolandmt_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 05:47:50 -0800

I am currently researching architecture solutions for a very high volume 24X7 OLTP application. I like the failover options inherent with Oracle 9i RAC, but is RAC suitable for extremely busy OLTP transaction systems? The application is projected for over 400TPS. I suppose the goal would be to reduce the amount of block transfers between the nodes. For example, OLTP functions on one node and reporting type functions on the other.

Is anyone using RAC for high volume OLTP?

TIA, T Received on Thu Feb 14 2002 - 07:47:50 CST