Re: Oracle Server on Windows NT Cluster

From: damorgan <dan.morgan_at_ci.seattle.wa.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 01:46:33 GMT

Actually they bother many of us ....

Not so much when some poor sucker gets stuck maintaining an old system and has no choice. But more so when someone is installing software that you know

(A) they didn't buy in the last three years because Oracle hasn't solid it since the early 90s.
(B) they will get no support from Oracle for the software. (C) they will come to this group asking questions when there is little or nothing we can do to help them.
(D) when the bugs they are working with have been dealt with in a subsequent release.
And, finally,
(E) when you know perfectly well they are working on a resume that will make them as employable as someone with 20 years of COBOL or ALGOL experience.

Daniel Morgan