Oracle Transactions at Max Utilization

From: gcastle <gcastle_at_email.usps.gov>
Date: 13 Feb 2002 12:01:27 -0800

Looking through resource utilizations I noticed that transactions current utilization is one below the limit for transactions and that the max utilization was the same as the limit. Checking this in the evening with no users accessing the database the number of transactions had only dropped to 3 below the limit. I am wondering what would cause this high level of transactions and why would they not drop down close to 0 when the database is not being accessed.

Background: Running Oracle 8.1.4 on Windows NT 4 and Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 running multimaster replication between the 2 servers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg Received on Wed Feb 13 2002 - 14:01:27 CST